Article 1 (Objective)
The objectives of the Riesling Ring Club (hereinafter referred to as “the Club”) are to convey the diverse appeal of Riesling that transcends countries and regions, and to expand the “ring” of Riesling.
Article 2 (Activities)
1. The Club shall organize activities aimed at fulfilling the objective set forth in Article 1, including Riesling sampling events, dinners, and various campaigns.
2. The events mentioned in the previous clause shall be planned and implemented by the Riesling Ring Executive Committee, as stipulated in Article 7.
3. The Club shall provide information on Riesling and conduct PR activities through blogs, email magazines, website, and other media.
4. The Club shall assist members’ sales promotional activities related to Riesling.
Article 3 (Members of the Riesling Ring Club)
1. Corporations or individuals who share the same objectives described in Article 1 may become members of the Club, in principle, by paying the membership dues.
2. Members of the Club consist of corporate members (wine import companies and their affiliated companies, wine producers, liquor stores, and restaurants), individual members, and special members (public agencies and other organizations that represent a country and/or a region).
Article 4 (Accounting and Membership Dues)
1. Corporations or individuals shall become a member of the Club by paying the membership dues set forth in the following clauses.
① Of the corporate members, wine import companies and their affiliated companies, and wine producers shall pay an annual membership fee of 10,000 yen, regardless of their sites of business being in Japan or overseas.
② Of the corporate members, liquor stores and restaurants, etc., shall pay an annual membership fee of 5,000 yen.
③ Special members shall pay an annual membership fee of 30,000 yen.
④ Individual members shall pay an annual membership fee of 3,000 yen.
⑤ Wine import companies and their affiliated companies, and special members must pay an admission fee of 10,000 yen in order to attain membership.
2. The accounting year shall be from April to the end of March of the following year, and shall subsequently be automatically renewed every year.
3. A Riesling Ring Club membership card shall be issued to members.
Article 5 (Member Benefits)
1. All members shall be eligible to receive a variety of information on Riesling via the Riesling Ring blogs, email magazines, and other media.
2. Corporate members shall have their names included in the membership list created and released by Riesling Ring.
3. The Club shall assist corporate members (wine import companies and their affiliated companies) in their efforts to sell the Riesling wines that they handle (including related goods and products).
① Support to enable participation in wine-tasting hosted by Riesling Ring (participation/exhibition costs may arise in each case)
② Announcements of member companies’ Riesling-related events and new products (introduced in blogs; sent out by emails to members, etc.)
③ Selection, on a preferential basis in principle, of wines to be used at events hosted by Riesling Ring (wine parties, etc.)
④ Participation in all campaigns organized by Riesling Ring.
4. The Club shall assist corporate members (wine producers) in their efforts to create Riesling fans.
① Announcements of new Riesling products (introduced in blogs; sent out by emails to members, etc.)
② Selection, on a preferential basis in principle, of wines to be used at events hosted by Riesling Ring (wine parties, etc.)
③ Release of the above event information to members through Riesling Ring blogs and email magazines
④ Support for Riesling-related events held in Japan
5. The Club shall assist corporate members (liquor stores and restaurants, etc.) in their efforts to sell Riesling wine.
① Announcements of member stores and restaurants’ Riesling-related events (introduced in blogs; sent out by emails to members, etc.)
② Possibility of using member stores and restaurants as candidate venues for Riesling Ring events.
6. Benefits for special members shall be based on the content of member benefits for corporate members.
Article 6 (Operations and Management)
The Club shall be operated and managed by the Riesling Ring Executive Committee as stipulated in Article 7.
Article 7 (Riesling Ring Executive Committee)
1. The Riesling Ring Executive Committee shall be comprised of directors as stipulated in Article 8.
2. The Executive Committee shall decide the details for holding the activities described in Article 2, decide the membership dues, and decide and execute any other matters necessary for operating the Club.
Article 8 (Directors and Counselors)
1. The Club shall appoint one Chairperson, two Vice Chairpersons, one Secretary-General, and five Directors.
2. The Club shall appoint a Counselor as required.
Article 9 (Membership Cancellation and Re-Admission)
1. Members can cancel their Club membership at any time, of their own free will.
2. Members shall be ordered to leave the Club if payment of membership fees has not been received by the payment due date, and if three months have passed after receiving payment reminders.
3. Members may be ordered to leave the Club if they are judged by the Riesling Ring Executive Committee to be unsuitable for membership.
4. Depending on the reason given at the time of membership cancellation, the Club may refuse the individual’s re-admission as a member.
These regulations shall come into effect as of February 18, 2010.